Thursday, August 9, 2007

Back from Belize and getting ready for the Fall semester

The research and teaching in Belize was a great success.
Research wise, Dr. Kracht and I decided to focus on the Maya village of San Antonio in the Cayo district. It is near the Elijio Panti National Park. It is administered by the Itxamana society and is being developed for tourism in large part through the efforts of trekforce, a Britich NGO.
Teaching, I had five students to explore the rainforest and Maya ruins with in "tropical ecology lab." They were joined by two others to explore the coral reefs offshore of Belize in "coral reef ecology."
Back on the farm, I am getting ready for the Fall, 2007, semester. I am teaching Ecology, Environmental Problems, Evolution of Vertebrates and Fish and Wildlife Management. I am making Blackboard sites for all, and hope students check those out this week.
My Fall 2007 office hourse will be:
Mondays, 3-4 pm in my office or in the field with Ecology field trips
Tuesdays, noon - 1 pm in my labs (in NSU-BA, bldg. D, near my office at D-134)
Wednesdays, online 9 am -- noon using my course website and my drterdal@gmail.com email
Thursdays, online 9 am -- noon using my course website and my drterdal@gmail.com email
Fridays, online 9 -- 10 am using my course website and my drterdal@gmail.com email

No comments: