Thursday, May 17, 2012

Catching up

My last post here was to describe a field trip to Red slough Wildlife Management Area in McCurtain County, Oklahoma. I was invited by Dr. Chris Butler of the University of Central Oklahoma. It was a great trip, but I was in agony throughout. I had twisted my back in a slip on ice while bringing water to my horses a few weeks earlier and the pain was not going away. It was getting worse. This set off 2011 as a rather horrid year for me as the pain went up and my capacity to do anything physical went down. I had surgery on September, 2011 and have been recovering since. I was able to make one field trip to Belize in December, 2011. But I was still quite limited. In 2012, I have worked hard to recuperate. I have run three 5 kilometer races and rode amy horse, Cote' as "hippotherapy."
From
The pain running down my right sciatic track has not gone away, but it is manageable. I'm ready for more field time! The next few blog entries describe my trip to Belize and Costa Rica. I am writing them as they occur and intend them primarily as a journal to help me remember what I did when. I am making it public for friends and family, but anyone is welcome to read and comment. When (not if!) I make errors, please let me know so I can correct them.

No comments: